Laura and I love melting moments. Eating them, baking them, looking at them. Okay, maybe Laura doesn't like looking at them creepily like I do. But they are so pretty to look at, and so delicious, especially when they are crumbly and have little black vanilla bean dots. Mmmm. My favorite place to have them was my friend Kerona's family cafe, Cuppachewbees. It was supplied from some special bakery but then they changed the recipe! I was so devastated. They were called Passion Moments, and I don't know what it is about them that made them so good.
Anyway, since they changed the recipe it's become less passionfruit-y, and I thought it was just a regular melting moment by mistake. But it was the correct one. ): So we decided to make our own and this is the perfect, fail-safe recipe.
- 250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste, or one vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/2 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 60 g butter, softened
- 1 tin passionfruit pulp, or 2 large passionfruit
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted