I'm so sorry for the lengthy wait in between posts, and I am so thankful for everyone who has been commenting and messaging and emailing me asking when I'll be back. Thanks to everyone who visits, I was so surprised to see people still come on here regularly! Anyway. I'm here now, and I'm going to be posting much more regularly now. I'll try my best in any case!
*Just a little something: While writing this post, I was a bit confused about what the difference between a cupcake and a muffin was. So I had a quick google which told me basically that muffins don't have icing. And something about the fat, sugar and egg ratio in a cupcake is double that of a muffin. I don't usually make these with icing, but I had some leftover from something else and wanted to make them look pretty. So you absolutely do not have to ice yours, they are delicious without.
Strawberry and White Chocolate Muffins
Makes 12 muffins, or 24 mini muffins
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (white, caster, brown, raw - anything works
- 200g strawberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil (any vegetable oil will do though)
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease your muffin tin, or line it with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, strawberries and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, oil and milk. (What I usually do here is pour the oil into a cup, then eyeball the milk until it's about 3/4 full and then beat in the egg - very lazy, I know)
- Pour that into the dry mixture, and mix until combined, then pour into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until it's golden.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Beat the cream cheese until soft and fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar in 1/4 cup at a time.
- Colour with food colouring of choice.
- Pipe/smear onto muffins.