I love cooking with minimal ingredients (like three ingredient peanut butter cookie and flourless chocolate cake) and I know you guys do too! So I decided to try this one-banana-two-eggs thing that has been floating around Pinterest (and the general health community) for a while. And it worked!
I was looking for chocolate chips to put in the pancakes, because, you can't be too healthy, but there weren't any in the pantry. But there were quinoa flakes and chia seeds. So I went to the other extreme.
But you know what? These are actually delicious. And they take about 5 seconds to make.
Banana, Quinoa and Chia Seed Pancakes with Mixed Berry Compote
For the pancakes:
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (I used black because that's what I had but any would do)
- 2 tablespoons quinoa flakes
- In a bowl, mash up the banana with the cinnamon with a fork. Break in the eggs and whisk with the fork, and then add the chia seeds and quinoa.
- Heat a nonstick skillet (or if not non-stick then oil/butter it) and fry 1/4 cup of batter at a time. Flip when you can lift up the sides without sticking, and then heat until golden.
- Serve with the compote.
For the compote:
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or 1/2 a vanilla bean, seeds scraped)
- Put everything to a small saucepan over low heat and stir.
- Simmer for about 5-8 minutes, or until berries have softened. Remove from heat.
6 Comments »